Monday, November 27, 2017

Music Share - Tom Waits

No matter how much I love my job, I always have major melancholy coming back to work after time away with family.  This past five days with my in-laws and husband have been wonderful, and coming back means not only the usual "back to reality" but entering the absolute madhouse that is December in New York City.  Parties every five minutes, our birthdays, Christmas cards and presents, shows, until finally we board a plane in 23 days to take us to an entirely different form of madness - my sister's house!

Marc's been reminding me to take it a day at a time, though, and to take advantage of the quiet when it happens and enjoy the madness when I'm in it.

In that vein, I'm taking it easy on this blog today and sharing some of the music that provided the soundtrack to family time (and family sing-a-longs) this weekend - Marc's all time favorite singer/songwriter, Tom Waits.  Here are 14 of my favorites of his, spanning from 1973 to 2009.  Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Resurrection of a blog (and a hip)

One year ago today - on a much cloudier, much colder, and quite frankly very hungover morning - I went out to run.  My goal was either 4 mil...